I just finished harvesting the worm castings from my two worm bins. It’s the first time I’ve had to do that since starting the bins in mid-February. It took me a loooong time because of that whole learning curve thing. Fortunately, the second bin went more quickly. Still, I made a very big mess.
Those two roundish objects in the center of the photo above are cocoons that I missed. Cocoons are future worms, and I’ll get those out and put them in the worm bins before putting the vermicompost in my houseplants.
My whole afternoon was devoted to this process, but I’m feeling prettty damned good about what the worms and I accomplished.