I’m sure all sorts of other stuff has been going on but it feels as if it’s been CARS – 24/7.
- First it was warning lights in 2004 Prius.
- Then a new water pump.
- Followed a few days later by more warning lights and brake failure (while Zebu approached intersection and had to stomp on parking brake).
- Then minutes later me driving with passenger Zebu back to the mechanic when at the bottom of our street we got hit by an SUV while waiting at the stop sign.
- Followed by 45 minutes of other driver crying and apologizing while police officer who happened to be sitting there waiting to catch people running the stop sign wrote out a full report.
- Including a ticket for me because my proof of insurance had expired and Zippy lost the new one but thought putting the bill from our insurance company in the glove compartment would be proof enough we have insurance.
- Guess what?
- It isn’t.
image from morguefile.com (by Gracey)
The front left fender is smashed in but no one got hurt so it’s all okay.
I haven’t started in on the insurance issue yet because I need a little more rest before I’m ready to tackle all that.
Oh, and the brakes?
There’s nothing wrong with them.
We found out, however, that there was a recall on another pump which was replaced at the dealer yesterday
and we’re hoping the ensuing electrical failure was what caused the brakes to go out.
For some reason Zebu only wants to drive the Subaru.