1) Last weekend I read I the first draft of my latest middle-grade novel after letting it sit awhile.
2) All week I've jotted notes and zeroed in on characters' motivations and reconfigured the plot.
3) I followed editor Kendra Levin's Five-Step Revision Plan, and created a
"one paragraph summary" that inexplicably mushroomed into multiple paragraphs.
4) I swing between moods of exhilaration and freak-outs about my chances of pulling this one off.
5) And then today I realized that, despite the first draft being written in first-person,
the story needs to be told in third-person.
I wish everyone a wonderful weekend filled with epiphanies and maybe a few feathered friends!