1) As mentioned before, I’ve had to circle back and work on opening chapters some more and have been mostly pleased with my progress.
2) Then yesterday I hit a bump and realized I needed to circle back yet again to tweak a scene so brainstormed characterization and plot issues to prepare myself for today’s work.
3) This afternoon I revised and revised, then printed out the pages and congratulated myself on a job well done.
4) Except when I began jotting notes about a tangential issue on my enormous whiteboard, I started doubting myself regarding the characterization and plot line I’d supposedly just wrestled to the ground.
5) So I went outside and shoveled very heavy snow while talking out loud about all this stuff and came up with this answer: there’s such a thing as over-thinking a story and it would be wise to relax and enjoy the ride.
Wishing everyone a whirly-twirly, fun-filled weekend!